The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office REVERSE 911 (R911) system is a computer-based program that can send emergency messages using a combination of database and Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping technologies. The system can quickly target a precise geographic area and saturate it with thousands of calls. Reverse 911 offers a variety of options that allow the Sheriff’s Office to custom-build a notification system to meet the exact needs of the community.
REVERSE 911 can be used for many situations to include:
- Emergency evacuations
- Missing person alerts
- Natural disaster alerts
- Hazardous material leaks
- Crime prevention information
- Neighborhood emergency situations
- Sexual predator notifications
- Homeland security alerts
The REVERSE 911 system is designed to only contact individuals with published telephone numbers. Citizens who have unlisted or unpublished telephone numbers will not be contacted. If you have an unpublished telephone number and want to be contacted in the event of an emergency situation you can register by calling our Communications Bureau at (813) 247-8200 to request that you be added or removed from the REVERSE 911 database.
- NOTE: You must be a Hillsborough County resident to be added.
- NOTE: If you live within the City of Tampa please visit the following link http://www.tampagov.net/appl_customer_service_center/form.asp?strServiceID=380
- NOTE: REVERSE 911 will not work with telephone lines that have call screening features. For example, if your telephone line requires an individual to identify themselves through a recorded message before the call is accepted, the REVERSE 911 system will not work. The system is designed to play the recorded message upon voice activation, such as an answering machine recording or a person saying “hello.”
For more information about the Reverse 911 system, click here