Targeting underage drinking and sales to help our youth S.U.C.C.E.E.D.
- Sheriff's Underage Compliance Checks Education & Enforcement Detail will employ the following duties and responsibilities to reduce underage alcohol and tobacco related incidents:
For questions/concerns/reporting of underage drinking/sales/service contact Deputy Brian Pulido: firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-719-0355.
- Conduct alcohol and tobacco compliance checks
- Attend and monitor high capacity venues (concerts, sporting events) to reduce underage possession/consumption.
- The S.U.C.C.E.E.D. Deputy will work in a coordinated effort with other state or local agencies, to include non-law enforcement organizations with like goals, in a joint effort to reduce underage possession/consumption.
- The S.U.C.C.E.E.D. Deputy will work in a coordinated effort with the School Resource Deputies in a joint effort to reduce underage possession/consumption by conducting educational programs.
There are 2850 licensed locations in Hillsborough county able to sell alcohol and/or tobacco.
S.U.C.C.E.E.D. has conducted 945 inspections since October 2012 with 156 of those resulting in an arrest for the sale of alcohol to a person under 21.
S.U.C.C.E.E.D. Has worked 8 concerts in the county and made a total of 51 underage possession arrests.
Underage Drinking Enforcement Training Center
Tampa Alcohol Coalition
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration
The Century Council
STOP Underage Drinking
For selling alcohol to minors, a $716 million judgment (FOX 13)
Cost of underage Drinking:
Profile of Drug and Alcohol Indicators