Seniors and Law Enforcement Together (S.A.L.T. Council)
The SALT Council's main function is to act as an advisory group for the area's TRIAD. The focus is on crime and security issues as related to the elderly. The council discusses problems and programs and recommends those which will benefit senior citizens.
Some of the SALT Council's responsibilities include:
Evaluation of Triad Activities:
Information Sharing Among:
- Triad mean a three way commitment among the Sheriff, the chiefs of police within the county and senior citizens. They agree to work together to reduce the criminal victimization of the elderly and enhance the delivery of law enforcement services to older persons.
- A major purpose of the Triad is to develop, expand, and implement effective crime prevention and educational programs for senior citizens of the community. Activities center on both pre-victimization (preventative) and post-victimization (victim-witness assistance).
- Triads work to improve the quality of life for seniors. It provides an opp0ortunity for the exchange of information between law enforcement and senior citizens. Triad focuses on reducing unwarranted fear of crime.
- The SALT Council's purpose is to established an effective partnership among service provides, seniors, and law enforcement services; work toward the reduction of crime and victimization of older persons, and provide assistance to elder victims.
- law enforcement
- senior citizens
- service providers
- training for law enforcement
- training for service
- community awareness programs
- supports law enforcement
- supports pertinent legislation effecting senior citizens
Do Not Become A Crime Victim
There are more than 166,805 senior citizens in Hillsborough County which equates to 17.22% of the county's population.
If you know of a senior citizen who is being victimized, please call the Florida Elder Abuse Hotline at: 1-800- 962-2873
Use this telephone number to report physical abuse, neglect, or exploitation or: Notify Your Local Law Enforcement
Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office:
2008 East 8th Avenue
Tampa, Florida 33602
Tampa Police Department:
315 East Madison Avenue
Tampa, Florida 33602