News Releases are to be used for informational purposes only.
Information provided should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.
Sheriff's Office looking to deter crime in the Clair Mel/Palm River area in two-day "Operation Clean Sweep".
Who: Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office
What: "Operation Clean Sweep", Palm River-Clair Mel Area
When: Monday June 14th, 2010 6:00 a.m. - 6: 00 p.m.
Tuesday June 15th, 2010, 6:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Where: 7460 Palm River Rd, HCSO's Palm River/Clair Mel Community Station will serve as the Command Post for these two operations.
Starting Monday morning June 14th at 6:00 a.m., deputies from Patrol Services District 2 and the Law Enforcement Intelligence Nexus Center or "LINC" will begin a two-day operation in the community of Palm River-Clair Mel. The operation will focus specifically on crime and quality of life issues.
This will include sex offenders, predators and probationer checks with the assistance of Florida Department of Corrections and Department of Juvenile Justice.
Deputies will also target traffic violations; probation violations; and general offenses that, when interdicted, will disrupt the pattern of crime and provide potential criminal intelligence.
1. To gather criminal intelligence.
2. To make contact with, or arrest, targeted offenders.
3. To conduct proactive enforcement operations in the defined area within Hillsborough County.
4. To conduct traffic enforcement operations along designated corridors in the defined area within Hillsborough County.
5. To deter criminal enterprise through active presence and enforcement.
6. To work in concert with other county services (Code Enforcement, Animal Services, etc.)to identify and address quality of life issues.
To send a clear message to offenders in the Palm River-Clair Mel area that the Sheriff's Office will remain very proactive and driven to enhance the quality of life for all citizens thereby fostering a sense of comfort and security in our communities.