David Gee, Sheriff
News Releases are to be used for informational purposes only.
Information provided should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.
Release Number: 10-320
- For Immediate Release:
- Public Information Office of Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office
- October 28, 2010
- Contact Person:
- Debbie Carter : email@example.com
If Your Are A Sexual Predator, Beware!
Deputies will be out in force checking on identified sexual predators to make sure your children are safe.
- October 30, 2010
- Time: 12:00 AM
- Hillsborough County
- Tampa, FL
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is conducting operations to insure that identified sexual predators are not participating in Halloween activities involving children. Operations include increased monitoring of offenders through a variety of methods to insure their compliance of state law to keep Halloween safe for our children. Deputies will make contact with offenders who are restricted from having contact with children and reminded them that they are prohibited from the following;
- distributing candy or other treats;
- insuring that they have no outside decorations to attract children;
- answering the door to trick or treater’s ;
- dressing up in a costume or masks;
- attending any Halloween functions where children will be present;
Parents are reminded that they should accompany children while trick or treating, carry a cell phone and to avoid darkened houses and places they feel are unsafe.
Working together law enforcement and the community can help keep you and your children safe.