News Releases are to be used for informational purposes only.
Information provided should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.
Morgan Ray Deblock
- Burglary of an Unoccupied Vehicle (7 counts)
- Grand Theft Motor Vehicle (1 count)
- Possession of Burglary Tools Petit Theft (6 counts)
(Additional Charges Pending)
On June 17, 2011 at approx 3:00 a.m., HCSO deputies on routine patrol spotted Morgan Deblock wearing no shoes and pushing a motorized scooter along Natures Way Blvd and Springvale Dr. in Valrico.
Deputies' thinking this was suspicious, stopped and questioned Deblock about his activity and if he owned the scooter. Deblock told deputies he just stole the scooter parked in a residential driveway around the corner. During questioning, Deblock readily admitted that during the last month he committed at least 100 auto burglaries and at least 500 attempted burglaries in the Bloomingdale East Subdivision.
Deblock stated it was very easy to get into cars because one out of five vehicles he checked were left unlocked. Deblock said he never once broke a window or used force to gain entry into the cars. Deblock was taken to the Hillsborough County Jail.
HCSO strongly suggest these simple steps to prevent auto burglary;
- Close your windows and lock your doors.
- Do not leave valuables in plain view in your car; lock them in your trunk.
- Park your car where it will be frequently and easily seen.
- When possible, park in well lit areas when possible.
- Never leave your car unattended while the engine is running, even for a minute.
- If possible, park in a garage with the door secure
Most common items stolen are briefcases, garage door openers, laptop computers, tools, cash, keys, mail, purses, stereos and tools.