News Releases are to be used for informational purposes only.
Information provided should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.
Eight cell phone stores have been burglarized by individual(s) targeting the stores for cash.
(Seen in the surveillance video from the criminal mischief that occurred on August 3, 2012 Metro PCS at 6164 Highway 41 North, Apollo Beach).
- White male
- 22-29 years
- 5’9” - 6’
- 160-180 lbs. Medium build
- Short hair with distinctive widow’s peak.
- A large hollow cross tattoo on his upper back area.
Since July 23, 2012, eight cell phone stores have been burglarized by individual (s) targeting the stores for cash. In all cases, the suspect utilized an object such as a hammer, rock or flower pot to break the business window to gain entry. The suspects either exit out the back door of the store or back through the entry point. All but one of the burglaries occurred near midnight. Two additional stores, July 30th and August 3rd were attempt burglaries, as the suspect never gained entry into the business.
- 7/23/12 – Metro PCS, 1430 Kingsway Road S., Seffner
- 7/23/12 – Verizon Wireless, 3849 301 Hwy S., Tampa
- 7/24/12 – Verizon Wireless, 13166 301 Hwy S., Riverview
- 7/28/12 - Verizon Wireless, 13821 Hillsborough Avenue W., Tampa
- 7/29/12 – Verizon Wireless, 11971 Sheldon Road, Tampa
- 7/30/12 – AT&T, 4803 Hillsborough Ave W, Tampa (Attempt made to enter by smashing out the front window, but the glass remained in place and entry was not made, suspects fled) TPD CASE
- 8/02/12 – Metro PCS, 14815 Turner Road, Tampa
- 8/03/12 – Metro PCS, 6164 41 Hwy N, Apollo Beach (Criminal Mischief) The suspect never gained entry into the business.
- 8/07/12 – Metro PCS, 6160 Gunn Hwy, Tampa
- 8/08/12 – Metro PCS, B-11638 Dale Mabry Hwy N, Tampa
Detectives have not determined if all the burglaries have been committed by the same suspect that is seen in the surveillance video. After viewing some of the other surveillance videos, detectives believe that there could possibly be three individuals connected to the incidents as the physical descriptions vary.
Anyone with any information reference the suspects is asked to call the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at 247-8200 or anyone with any information regarding the identity and whereabouts of these suspects and who wants to be eligible for a cash reward is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS (8477), report anonymously online at www.crimestopperstb.com or text "CSTB plus your tip" to C-R-I-M-E-S (274637).