News Releases are to be used for informational purposes only.
Information provided should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.
33805 Palm Grove Road
- Aggravated Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer
- Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer
- Grand Theft
- Obstructing or Opposing An Officer With Violence
- Driving While License Suspended
- Trafficking in Illegal Drugs (Methamphetamine)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Sell or Possessing a Vehicle with Altered Number
On February 1, 2012 at approximately 5:00 p.m. Deputy Craig Lariz while in the area of McIntosh Road and Interstate 4 observed a motorcycle being operated by George Farmer. Deputy Lariz followed the motorcycle and was able to ascertain that the tag on the motorcycle came back to a stolen motorcycle. Farmer exited Interstate 4 east bound on Alexander Street where Deputy Lariz attempted to stop Farmer. Farmer used the motorcycle as a weapon and ran into Deputy Lariz’s motorcycle at which time Farmer took a fighting stance toward Lariz. Deputy Lariz engaged Farmer and was assisted by other deputies that had arrived and took Farmer into custody. Farmer was found to be in possession of a large quantity of a controlled substance (methamphetamine) and cash.
Farmer was released from State Prison on January 26, 2011 where he had been served one year for Fleeing Law Enforcement and Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer.
Deputy Lariz suffered minor abrasions in the incident.