News Releases are to be used for informational purposes only.
Information provided should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.
8023 South Meadowview Circle
- Breeding/Training Wild or Domestic Animals for Fighting (150 counts)
- Owning/Possessing Equipment for Use in Animal Fighting (9 counts)
- Managing Property used for Animal Fighting (1 count)
- Cruelty to Animals (Mutilating Wattles & Combs) - (100 counts)
- Promoting/Advertising Fighting Between Two or More Animals - (1 count)
As a result of a joint investigation by the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office and Hillsborough County Animal Services, a search warrant was executed at 8023 South Meadowview Circle in Tampa for illegal rooster fighting.
Hundreds of roosters were found on the property, birds that have been bred and trained to fight to death in an illegal gambling operation. Also found on the property were several dogs and a horse. All of the roosters and dogs were seized by Animal Services. The horse was seized by the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
The home owner, Clemente Hernandez was taken into custody on the above charges.