David Gee, Sheriff
News Releases are to be used for informational purposes only.
Information provided should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.
Release Number: 13-048
- For Immediate Release:
- Public Information Office of Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office
- January 29, 2013
- Contact Person:
- Public Information Office : email@example.com
"Operation Gun Swap"
Exchange a firearm for cash and a Tampa Bay "Fan Pack".
- February 2, 2013
- Time: 9:00 AM
"Operation Gun Swap":
Remain Anonymous! No Questions Asked!
Saturday, February 2, 2013 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Exchange a firearm for cash and a Tampa Bay "Fan Pack"
- Sheriff's Operations Center - 2008 E 8th Avenue
- 13501 N. Nebraska Avenue - (Site of closed Sunoco gas station)
- IGA Grocery Store - 14720 E. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- Sheriff's Town 'N Country Substation - 7519 W. Waters Avenue
- Sheriff's Progress Village Substation - 7935 Flower Avenue
Gun Swap Rules:
- Any firearm will be accepted.
- Each Firearm will earn you $75 and a Tampa Bay "Fan Pack" with ticket vouchers for a Lightning and Rays game.
- Firearms must arrive unloaded.
- Transport in your vehicle's trunk, or place securely in a box or bag.
- Do not remove firearms from your vehicle. A deputy will take possession of the firearm upon your arrival at the collection locations.
- Unwanted ammunition will be accepted but cannot be exchanged for cash.
- No BB guns, pellet guns or paint ball guns (but will be accepted for destruction).
- All firearms and ammunition collected will be destroyed.