News Releases are to be used for informational purposes only.
Information provided should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.
Scott Douglas Kelsey was arrested on warrants obtained and charged with the following for the below stolen vehicle incidents:
- May 26, 2013 - Honda Accord stolen from 531 Julie Lane
- June 22, 2013 - Ford F150 stolen from Park Street and Dr. King Drive
- June 23, 2013 - Audi S8 stolen from 6009 Hwy 579 (Circle K)
Scott Douglas Kelsey
101 Tennessee Ave W
- Grand Theft Auto (3 Counts)
- Burglary of a Conveyance (3 Counts)
- Driving with a Suspended License - Habitual Traffic Offender (3 Counts)
- Grand Theft
- Leaving the Scene of a Crash w/Property
- White male
- 22-29 years
- 180 lbs., Medium/muscular build
- Light brown hair
- Last seen wearing a tan baseball cap, green t-shirt, blue jean shorts and gray/white Nike sneakers
On June 23, 2013, at approximately 2:17 p.m., the suspect pulled into the Circle K gas station located at 6009 579 Hwy in Mango driving a stolen Ford F-150 pickup truck. He entered the store and proceeded to steal a Coca-Cola product.
He exited the store and remained near the truck until the victim exited his vehicle, leaving the door to his Audi S8 unlocked with the keys on the floorboard. As the victim began the process to fuel his vehicle, the suspect walked over to the victim’s vehicle, entered the vehicle and fled northbound on 579 Hwy.
The Audi was recovered June 25, 2013 at 7329 Kingsbury Circle in Tampa. The suspect remains unidentified.
Anyone with any information reference the suspect is asked to call the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at 247-8200 or anyone with any information regarding the identity and whereabouts of this suspect and who wants to be eligible for a cash reward is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS (8477), report anonymously online at www.crimestopperstb.com or text "CSTB plus your tip" to C-R-I-M-E-S (274637).