News Releases are to be used for informational purposes only.
Information provided should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.
Robert Lewis Bridges III
101-5623 Gibson Avenue
- False Name to LEO
- Obstructing or Opposing An Officer w/o Violence
- Battery on a LEO (Warrant)
- Depriving Officer of Means of Protection (Warrant)
- Tampering with Electronic Monitoring Equipment (Warrant)
- Burglary of an Occupied Dwelling (Warrant)
- Grand Theft (Warrant)
- Obstructing or Opposing an Officer w/o Violence (Warrant)
Deputies conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle that failed to come to a complete stop at Fowler Avenue East and US Hwy 301 N. During the traffic stop, attempts were made to identify the passenger who appeared to be nervous. He provided a false name and date of birth. When deputies attempted to identify the defendant, he fled from the car on foot. Deputies pursued the defendant approximately a quarter mile and took him into custody. The defendant's identity was determined utilizing RAPID ID (Fingerprint scanning device.)
The defendant was identified as Robert Lewis Bridges III with six outstanding warrants for his arrest. Bridges was arrested and transported to the Orient Road Jail.