News Releases are to be used for informational purposes only.
Information provided should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.
Congratulations Scholarship Recipients:
- Matthew Booth- University of Central Florida
- Janae Dace- Albany State University
- Robert Bullara, Jr.- University of Florida
The Florida Sheriffs Association, following in its annual tradition, has awarded scholarships to hardworking students studying toward a career in law enforcement, corrections or another criminal justice field. These students look to follow in the footsteps of their parents, as they are sons and daughters of employees working full-time for a Florida Sheriff's Office. To be considered for the scholarship, students submitted a five-page application and an essay on how their parent motivated them to choose law enforcement. The applications and essays were reviewed by a committee of representatives from the Florida Sheriffs Association whose members selected ten recipients.
Of the ten students chosen, three are children of Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office employees.
- Matthew Booth, son of Master Deputy Mark Booth, will be pursuing a degree in Criminal Justice at the University of Central Florida.
- Janae Dace, daughter of payroll clerk Yolanda Dace, will be attending Hillsborough Community College and then Albany State University.
- Robert Bullara, Jr., son of Major Robert Bullara, Sr., is currently attending the University of Florida pursuing a degree in Criminology with aspirations of attending law school.