News Releases are to be used for informational purposes only.
Information provided should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.
The suspects solicited homeowners for the purpose of construction services.
Samuel Morris Stanley
- Workers Compensation Fraud Failure to Secure Bond (4 counts)
- Unlawful Acts In Capacity Of A Contractor (3 counts)
- Home Solicitation without written agreement (2 counts)
- Home Solicitation without a permit (4 counts)
Jesse Austin Cooper
(son in law of Samuel Stanley)
- Home Solicitation without permit
- Unlawful Capacity of a Contractor
- Home Solicitation without written agreement
- Workers Compensation Fraud Failure to Secure Bond
Florida Highway Patrol issued Cooper $4,000 in fines for violating DOT regulations.
In 2015, Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office began an investigation into several paving incidents that occurred in the Lithia area. The subjects solicited homeowners for the purpose of construction services (paving). The individuals performed the paving and either used substandard materials or in an attempt to make the materials go further. Grass began to grow through the material in one of the victim's driveway within weeks. The investigation lead to the identity of the subjects and warrants were issued.
On January 22, 2016, with the assistance of Pasco County Sheriff's Office and Florida Highway Patrol the two suspects were taken into custody in Pasco County. The subjects are living in Hudson, FL during the winter and were arrested at 16737 US Highway 19 in Hudson while at the Dunkin Donuts. Pasco County Sheriff's Office seized $13,000 in cash from Stanley along with their heavy vehicles and paving equipment were placed out of service by Florida Highway Patrol.