News Releases are to be used for informational purposes only.
Information provided should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.
Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office collecting donations for residents affected by Hurricane Michael.
In an effort to help our fellow Floridians still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Michael, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is launching Operation Pay It Forward. HCSO is collecting hurricane relief supplies at each of our five district offices beginning today
, October 15
, through noon on Friday, October 19
. The supplies will be transported north on Saturday, October 20, by deputies helping with recovery efforts in the Panhandle. Tampa Idealease, LLC donated an 18-Wheel trailer to transport the donations. HCSO will drive it up with the next wave of Special Incident Response Team deputies set to work relief efforts in the panhandle.
"Donating supplies and our time is the least we can do for the residents and businesses of Northwest Florida affected by Hurricane Michael," said Sheriff Chad Chronister. "When one community in Florida is hurting, we all feel that pain. If just one act of kindness helps provide hope to someone in need, then it will make this entire endeavor worth it."
Residents can donate the following items:
- Non-Perishable Food (Pull-Tab Canned Goods, Granola Bars, Sports Drinks, Individual Snacks, Water)
- Pet Food (Dry Food, Canned Food)
- Baby Supplies (Diapers, Baby Wipes, Baby Formula, Baby Food)
- Cleaning Supplies (Bleach, Disinfectant, Sponges, Rubber Gloves, Trash Bags, Brooms, Mops)
- Personal Hygiene Supplies (Body Wash, Bar Soap, Shampoo, Hand Sanitizer, Deodorant, Shaving Cream, Razor, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Wash Cloths)
- Medical Supplies (Non-Prescription Drugs, Band-Aids, Medical Tape, Ointment, Chapstick, Sunscreen, Bug Spray)
- Paper Supplies (Plates, Bowls, Cups, Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Plastic Bags, Plastic Utensils)
- Bedding (Sleeping Bags, Cots, Pillows, Blankets, Sheets)
Residents should avoid dropping off clothing items or money. Monetary donations can be given to the American Red Cross by calling 1-800-HELP NOW (1-800-435-7669).
Supplies will be accepted at the following locations:
- District I - 14102 N. 20th St, Tampa, FL 33613
- District II - 2310 Falkenburg Rd, Tampa, FL 33619
- District III - 7202 Gunn Hwy, Tampa, FL 33625
- District IV - 508 33rd Street SE, Ruskin, FL 33570
- District V - 10128 Windhorst Rd, Tampa, FL 33619
Donations will be collected for Operation Pay It Forward until noon on Friday