News Releases are to be used for informational purposes only.
Information provided should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.
Sheriff Chad Chronister will recognize employees and citizens who go above and beyond the call of duty.
More than 70 Recipients to be Honored at HCSO's 3rd Quarter Awards Ceremony
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office will be hosting the 3rd Quarter Awards Ceremony on September 12, 2018 at 2 p.m. at the Falkenburg Road Jail Assembly Room at 520 N Falkenburg Road.
Sheriff Chad Chronister is pleased to honor retirees, employees with 20+ years of service, volunteers, good Samaritans and more. "These are people that go above and beyond the call of duty and live out the mission of HCSO, to serve, protect and defend this great community, every single day. I couldn't be more proud to recognize their hard work and good deeds," Sheriff Chronister said.
A few of the 71 awards' recipients:
- A deputy will be awarded Deputy of the Quarter for his efforts during a year-long investigation which has led to the State filing Attempted Murder charges on multiple suspects.
- Three civilians will be recognized for their efforts to save a young girl who was drowning in a pool.
- Several Hillsborough County employees came across an individual having a medical episode at a park and didn't hesitate to jump in and help.
- A deputy will be honored as a runner-up for a national award from a military organization, shining through an applicant pool of more than 20,000.
- A HCSO pilot will be honored for helping in the rescue of someone clinging to a sunken boat. Because of the pilot's efforts, the person survived a strong likelihood of drowning.
Sheriff Chronister invites all media to attend the 3rd Quarter Awards Ceremony and hear more about these stories of heroism, community service, exceptional work and good deeds.