New Inmate Mail Rules - Effective September 1, 2013
Effective September 1, 2013, all incoming inmate mail with the exception of privileged mail, must be in the form of a postcard. Any other type of correspondence including letters, non-legal publications, and unapproved forms of postcards will be returned to the sender.
All postcards must meet the following requirements:
- Postcards must be at least 3 ½” x 5” but no larger than 6 ⅛ x 11 ½
- Postcards must contain the inmate’s name and booking number
- Postcards must include a complete return name and address
The following are unacceptable postcard forms and will be returned to sender:
- Postcards marked with paint, watermarks, or stains
- Plastic or any type of wrapping on the postcards
- Postcards with labels or stickers
- Postcards with any biohazards including lipstick or perfume
- Postcards depicting nudity, weapons, or gang references
Books, magazines, and all other publications will no longer be allowed. The only exceptions to this rule are legal publications that are sent directly from the publisher and newspaper subscriptions that are paid for in advance by the inmate.
Click here to view current inmate mail rules.