An entire week with no school, spring break can be an exciting time, but there are some things parents should know. We encourage parents to be involved in their child's spring break activities.
Here are a few of the questions every parent should be asking their child:
- Where are they going?
- Who are they going with?
- Is their activity safe and age appropriate?
- Have they checked in with you every few hours?
- Who they are hanging out with and if traveling whose driving and are they responsible?
Make sure your child knows you are just a call or text away should they feel pressured by their peers to make poor decisions.
And of course, make sure they are prepared, things like:
- Money if traveling to a theme park or the movies.
- Sunscreen and plenty of water for beach goers.
- Their cell phone to keep you apprised throughout the day.
Our team is always here to help:
- Communications Center: 813.247.8200
- Send anonymous tips and other information to us from your smartphone using "hcsosheriff".
- Emergencies always dial 911