Storekeeper III (Warehouse)
Storekeeper III (Warehouse)
$14.61-$24.84 Hourly; $30,388.80-$51,666.47 Yearly
$14.61 Hourly; $30,388.80 Yearly
Schedule (Subject to Change)
Various shifts including nights.
Job Location (Subject to Change)
Falkenburg Road Area/Orient Road Jail
Twelve-month probationary period
Perform oversight and storekeeping duties involving the receipt, recording, storage, inventory control, and issuance of equipment and supplies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Receive, store, inventory, and issue materials and supplies.
- Prepare requisitions for supplies and materials.
- Maintain an inventory of parts and equipment on hand.
- Record issuance of materials and supplies.
- Answer telephone and perform general clerical duties.
- Prepare work orders for equipment repairs.
- Maintain records and prepare related reports.
- Inspect all deliveries and ensure the return of defective or incorrect items.
- Inspect and dispose of depreciated and obsolete stock according to Hillsborough County standards.
- Perform minor maintenance or repair of storeroom material.
- Oversee the work of lower level employees in the performance of the stock room day-to-day operations.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of storekeeping methods and procedures.
- Working knowledge of County purchasing procedures.
- Skill in performing minor repairs to equipment or materials.
- Ability to conduct inventory of materials and supplies and keep related records.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to follow both oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform tasks such as maintenance of records and preparation of reports.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of others.
Note: Applicants must meet the following requirement(s) to be considered minimally qualified for the job.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Two years of experience in receiving and issuing equipment or supplies.
- Possession of a valid Florida driver's license at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months.
- No illegal drug use after 30 years of age.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- Prior military personnel must not have a dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a criminal background investigation including polygraph, reference/employment/neighborhood checks, medical evaluation, and drug screening.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
Keywords: 911 Operator, Agent, Bailiff, Cadet, Correctional Officer, Corrections, Court, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Deputy, Detective, Detention, Dispatch, Emergency Responder, First Responder, Forensic, Government, Guard, Inspector, Intelligence, Investigation, Investigator, Jail, Law Enforcement, Patrol, Police Officer, Probation, Protection, Protective, Public Safety, Recruit, Security, Sheriff, Specialist, Telecommunicator, Trainee
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training