Community Service Aide (District IV) - Data
Community Service Aide (District 4)
$14.61-$24.84 Hourly; $30,388.80-$51,666.47 Yearly
$14.61 Hourly; $30,388.80 Yearly
Job Schedule (Subject to Change)
8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
Job Location (Subject to Change)
Sun City Community Station
Twelve-month probationary period
Perform a variety of law enforcement support duties that do not require the direct involvement of a sworn officer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Provide miscellaneous support services throughout the facility or unit to which assigned.
- Answer misdemeanor complaints of a non-priority, non-emergency nature not requiring full enforcement power.
- Review Public Transportation Permit applications and verify information is in accordance with county and state regulatory requirements.
- Inspect vehicles for hire for compliance of condition, cleanliness, and safety requirements as specified by county and state laws and ordinances, issue correction cards and citations for violations, and testify as required to the nature of the violation.
- Process updates and file official records of the unit to which assigned.
- Operate magnetometers (metal detectors) and x-ray equipment to screen for concealed weapons or explosive devices.
- Operate and monitor electronic security systems to facilitate the movement of personnel within a secured facility.
- Control access of pedestrians and vehicular traffic into a facility or facility grounds.
- Verify inmate or applicant status, location, or criminal history using a computer terminal.
- Prepare and maintain Visitor Registration, Tool Inventory, or Property Control logs.
- Respond to telephone inquiries or route calls to proper station.
- Oversee the activities of inmates performing various work assignments inside and outside the facility.
- Maintain statistical logs and incident reports to document daily activity of the facility assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of office policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of county and state ordinances, laws and regulations pertaining to the area of assignment.
- Working knowledge of record keeping and general office procedures.
- Some knowledge of the Criminal Justice System.
- Ability to prepare and maintain logs, files, and reports.
- Ability to properly answer and route telephone calls.
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Ability to detect concealed weapons or explosive devices by operating x-ray equipment and metal detectors.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability and willingness to work day or night shifts or non-standard work hours/days.
- Ability and willingness to work in a correctional facility setting.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors in a subtropical climate in adverse weather conditions.
Note: Applicants must meet the following requirement(s) to be considered minimally qualified for the job.
A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate; and
Be 18 years of age or older; and
A passing score on pre-employment testing. and
A passing score on a data entry test at 70 gross keystrokes per minute with 90% accuracy or 20 net words per minute on a typing test.
Customer service experience
Experience with fraud/identity theft
Experience writing reports
- Possession of a valid Florida driver's license at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months.
- No illegal drug use after 30 years of age.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- Prior military personnel must not have a dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a criminal background investigation including polygraph, reference/employment/neighborhood checks, medical evaluation, and drug screening.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
Keywords: 911 Operator, Agent, Bailiff, Cadet, Correctional Officer, Corrections, Court, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Deputy, Detective, Detention, Dispatch, Emergency Responder, First Responder, Forensic, Government, Guard, Inspector, Intelligence, Investigation, Investigator, Jail, Law Enforcement, Patrol, Police Officer, Probation, Protection, Protective, Public Safety, Recruit, Security, Sheriff, Specialist, Telecommunicator, Trainee
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training