Project Manager (Financial Services)
Project Manager (Financial Services)
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and ability
Job Schedule (Subject to Change)
Normal Business Hours
Job Location (Subject to Change)
Twelve-month probationary period
Perform complex or specialized project work under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, or designee. The position responsibilities include evaluating, reconciling, and solving problems as it relates to accounting, budgeting, and internal control processes within the Financial Services Division (FSD).
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Develop and utilize analytical tools for the review of financial data.
- Implement and maintain compliance with applicable standards (Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), single Audit, etc.)
- Assist in preparing fund financial statements and notes to the Special Purpose Financial Statements.
- Complete a wide variety of special projects as they relate to FSD using independent judgment and decision-making in completing the tasks within given parameters.
- Actively participate in year-end close and audit processes.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of governmental accounting and auditing principles, practices, procedures, methods, and theory.
- Considerable knowledge of budgetary procedures and controls.
- Considerable knowledge of the specific accounting and reporting requirements and the complete accounting cycle of the area to which assigned.
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems and database functionality to include automated accounting systems and their applications.
- Ability to read, comprehend, interpret, and apply job related laws, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to prepare accounting and audit records, statements, and reports.
- Skill in researching and analyzing data.
- Ability to present ideas and information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use considerable initiative, think independently, and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to develop computer based spreadsheets, graphs, summaries, and reports.
Note: Applicants must meet the following requirement(s) to be considered minimally qualified for the job.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year degree granting college or university with a major in accounting, business administration, or related field; and
Four years of work experience in governmental accounting functions.
A Certified Public Accountant license and/or other certifications (e.g., Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Government Finance Officer (CGFO), etc.).
- Depending on area of assignment, incumbents may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 24 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- Prior military personnel must not have a dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a criminal background investigation including polygraph, reference/employment/neighborhood checks, medical evaluation, and drug screening.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
Keywords: 911 Operator, Agent, Bailiff, Cadet, Correctional Officer, Corrections, Court, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Deputy, Detective, Detention, Dispatch, Emergency Responder, First Responder, Forensic, Government, Guard, Inspector, Intelligence, Investigation, Investigator, Jail, Law Enforcement, Patrol, Police Officer, Probation, Protection, Protective, Public Safety, Recruit, Security, Sheriff, Specialist, Telecommunicator, Trainee
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training