Business Systems Analyst (JD Edwards/Support)
Business Systems Analyst (JD Edwards/Support)
$28.00-$39.20 Hourly; $58,240.00-$81,536.00 Yearly
Job Schedule (Subject to Change)
Normal Business Hours
Job Location (Subject to Change)
Falkenburg Road Area
Twelve-month probationary period
Serve on a professional team of JD Edwards business systems analysts responsible for providing end user support ensuring correct business functionality to a large governmental end user customer base. The position includes all the traditional aspects of business analysis to document business practices within our organization. Applicants should be familiar with and comfortable working within all phases of the system lifecycle.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Provide responsible technical and professional assistance to departments troubleshooting day-to-day software, hardware, databases, and related application issues; actively communicate technical and business aspects of work efforts to promote team player atmosphere.
- Assist in effort to minimize customizations by utilizing system functionality as designed.
- Assist in security of business data to ensure accurate and appropriate use of resources, data, and end user separation of duties.
- Assist in the coordination for development and installation of the automated management system.
- Perform as project manager coordinating implementation planning and documentation.
- Coordinate testing activities among various areas for software releases including end user training and documentation.
- Utilize resources (e.g., team, development staff, vendors, consultants) effectively to bring software solutions to timely completion.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive library of support staff documentation.
- Work effectively with end users to perform a thorough analysis of business operations and procedures with an eye towards increasing efficiency and productivity; develop and introduce more efficient and effective methods to include introduction or revision of an automated system.
- Produce comprehensive documents outlining user specifications, business processes, functional specifications and system recommendations.
- Perform other related duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working functional and technical analytical knowledge to include change management, object management workbench, debugging skills, event rules, security, task view explorer, application workflows, enterprise resource planning, system architecture, electronic software updates, software request, etc.
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards security set up to effectively maintain user security roles while adhering to security protocols.
- Strong effective verbal and written communication skills with stakeholders, team, and end users in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Strong analytical and solution/problem solving skills.
- Strong task management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with other support team members and IT staff in ongoing design, testing and support of business application system needs.
- Ability to take ownership of an aspect or task on a project with little to no assistance.
- Ability to manage time, utilize system tools and resources effectively, and provide timely status reports to management.
Note: Applicants must meet the following requirement(s) to be considered minimally qualified for the job.
A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate; and
Five years of paid business analyst experience in the implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and evaluation of business methods and procedures within JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Suite version 9.1 and higher; and
Three years of paid specialized functional experience with JD Edwards Financial Suite (General Ledger, Budgeting, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Account Receivable) modules; and
Two years of paid experience utilizing JD Edwards Tool Set 9.0 and higher; and
Two years of paid experience configuring and supporting security object management workbench, event rules, security, and task view explorer; and
Three years of working experience with basic T-SQL basic query usage and the JD relational database schema and associated data
An associate’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education; and
Three years of paid business analyst experience in the implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and evaluation of business methods and procedures within JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Suite version 9.1 and higher; and
One year of paid specialized functional experience with JD Edwards Financial Suite (General Ledger, Budgeting, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Account Receivable) modules; and
One year of paid experience configuring and supporting security object management workbench, event rules, security, and task view explorer; and
One year of working experience with basic T-SQL basic query usage and the JD relational database schema and associated data
A bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution of higher education with a major in computer sciences, computer engineering, software engineering, information technology, or a related field.
Experience with JD Edwards Inventory Suite (Inventory Management, Purchasing, Fixed Asset, Capital Asset and Sales orders) modules.
Functional use of governmental generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) and/or Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
- Depending on area of assignment, incumbents may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 24 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- Prior military personnel must not have a dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a criminal background investigation including polygraph, reference/employment/neighborhood checks, medical evaluation, and drug screening.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
Keywords: 911 Operator, Agent, Bailiff, Cadet, Correctional Officer, Corrections, Court, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Database Administrator, Database Developer, Deputy, Detective, Detention, Dispatch, Emergency Responder, ERP, Financials, First Responder, Forensic, Government, Guard, Information Technology, Inspector, Intelligence, Investigation, Investigator, JD Edwards, Jail, Law Enforcement, Oracle, Patrol, Police Officer, Probation, Protection, Protective, Public Safety, Recruit, Security, Sheriff, Specialist, System Administrator, Telecommunicator, Trainee
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training