Multi-Trades Worker I (Law Enforcement Facilities)
Perform semi-skilled work involving two or more trades in the minor construction, maintenance, and repair of buildings, equipment, and facilities.
$14.61-$23.77 Hourly; $30,388.80-$49,449.40 Yearly
$14.61 Hourly; $30,388.80 Yearly
Day shift; Monday - Friday; Normal business hours
Various locations throughout Hillsborough County.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Perform lawn, landscape and grounds maintenance functions in a subtropical climate.
- Assist electricians in installing and repairing electrical wiring, fixtures, and related equipment.
- Assist painters in mixing and matching paints, stains, and painting.
- Assist plumbers in installing, maintaining, and repairing pipes, valves, faucets, sinks, and other plumbing facilities.
- Assist masons in laying brick, cement block, and sidewalks.
- Assist carpenters in repairing chairs, tables, fences, doors, windows, floor, and other articles and fixtures.
- Assist maintenance personnel in the repair and maintenance of buildings.
- Assist HVAC mechanics in the operation, maintenance, and repair of heating, refrigeration, and air conditioning equipment.
- Assist equipment mechanics in the repair and maintenance of gasoline and/or diesel operated vehicles or other related mechanical components.
- Assist with the construction, maintenance, and repair of roads, ditches, culverts, and associated structures.
- Assist in the repair and maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Assist in the use of gas/electric operated equipment.
- Clean work sites upon work completion.
- Drive a motor vehicle to and from work sites.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Some knowledge of procedures and techniques used in two or more construction trades.
- Some knowledge of the construction and maintenance of various types of buildings and facilities.
- Some knowledge of safety procedures and safety equipment.
- Skill in the use of hand and electrical tools and equipment used in building and construction.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and drawings.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to perform a variety of physical tasks.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Note: Applicants must meet the following requirement(s) to be considered minimally qualified for the job.
Graduation from High School or possession of a GED Certificate; and
One year of experience as an assistant in two or more of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, carpentry, masonry, painting, or other skilled trades.
- Possession of a valid Florida driver's license at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months.
- No illegal drug use after 30 years of age.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- Prior military personnel must not have a dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a criminal background investigation including polygraph, reference/employment/neighborhood checks, medical evaluation, and drug screening.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
• Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
• Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
• Employee Assistance Program
• Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
• Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
• Tuition reimbursement
• Paid training
Keywords: 911 Operator, Agent, Bailiff, Correctional Officer, Corrections, Court, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Deputy, Detective, Detention, Dispatch, Emergency Responder, Forensic, Government, Intelligence, Investigation, Investigator, Jail, Law Enforcement, Patrol, Police Officer, Probation, Protection, Protective, Security, Sheriff, Telecommunicator