- Only city in Florida to be ranked among "America's 50 Best Cities" — Bloomberg Businessweek
- Ranked 5th in the "Cheapest Home Ownership Markets" — Bloomberg Businessweek
- Ranked No. 7 in the U.S. for "Where the Jobs WIll Be in 2012" — Forbes
- Tampa Bay TIme Forum ranked 4th in the U.S. and 12th in the world on "Top 100 Worldwide Arena Venues" — Pollstar
- Ranked as the "5th Best Outdoor City" — Forbes
- Ranked 10th among the "Best Sports Cities in North America" — Sporting News Magazine
- Florida Schools Ranked No. 5 in the U.S. according to Education Week
Florida is well known for its vast array of white-sand beaches and sweeping shorelines. Located in Tampa Bay's backyard is one of Florida's top ranked beaches, Clearwater beach. A multitude of Gulf Coast beaches makes it easy for visitors to enjoy both a beautiful day on a pristine sandy shoreline and a whimsical night out on the town all in one day.
Historical Places - Ybor City
Ybor City is one of Tampa's most well know locales. It is one of only three National Historical Landmark Districts in the State of Florida. The city is known for its historic architecture and busy nightlife. The Malcolm E. Beard Sheriff's Office Operations Center is headquartered just off of famed 7th
Avenue. In 2008, 7th
Avenue was recognized as one of the "10 Great Streets in America" according to the American Planning Association.
Tampa is home to the famous Busch Gardens and Adventure Island theme parks. Busch Gardens
is an exciting 335 acre African themed amusement park. Busch Gardens is known for its wide variety of thrill rides, live shows, live animal zoo, educational tours and special occasion events. Don't forget Tampa is only a convenient one hour car ride to all the major attractions in Orlando.
As the third most populous city in Florida, Tampa is a mecca that attracts many well-known artists, comedians, groups, tours and festivals. Almost every weekend there is a variety of shows, plays, concerts and more happening in the Tampa area. Downtown Tampa is home to the Amalie Arena
, which is ranked 4th
in the U.S. and 12th
in the world on the "Top 100 Worldwide Arena Venus" according to Pollstar.
Recreational Parks & Activities
Tampa is home to over a dozen State Parks and Historic Sites. There is over 70,000 acres of parkland to enjoy throughout Hillsborough County. There are a variety of activities available at many of the parks such as canoeing, kayaking, hiking, mountain biking and more.