Hillsborough County
Chad Chronister, Sheriff

Records & Reports

The Records Section maintains General Offense and Florida Traffic Crash Reports generated by the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. Requests are processed in the order they are received and released per Florida State Statute 119.00.

If the request is voluminous in nature and /or requires extensive research time to prepare, a deposit may be required. These types of requests will be charged at an hourly rate of $21.00.

The Public Records Unit is excited to announce that we are currently in the process of redeveloping our website and are scheduled to go live Friday, August 17, 2018. The new website will allow you to submit a request for records, check the status of your request, pay online by credit card and retrieve the requested documents via the Public Records portal. 

To facilitate processing your Public Records request, we encourage you to submit your requests to this website at 
www.hcso.tampa.fl.us > Inquiries Online > Records & Reports. All request will be submitted directly to the Public Records Unit and will be processed in the order they are received.

Contact Us

Records Customer Service Location

Customer Service Location

Records Section
Freddie Solomon Annex

1900 East 9th Avenue
Tampa, Florida 33605
Records Directions



Located in Historic Ybor City at the intersection of 19th Street and 9th Avenue, three blocks south of Interstate 4, Exit #1.

Records Hours of Opertation

Hours of Operation

Monday - Friday
7:00 AM - 4:00 PM

(813) 247-8210
Records Phone Number

Records Custodian


Phone: (813) 247-8210

Online Records Request


Frequently Asked Questions

Can I Pay by Credit or Debit Cards?
We are not set up to accept credit card payments at this time. However, we do accept cash, check or money order as a form of payment. Make payable to Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.
How Can I Add Stolen / Recovered Property to my Report?
You may have additional items added to your report by calling (813) 247-8200 and advise the call taker that you need to supplement your report.
How Can I Expunge or Seal a Record?
Florida Statutes sections 943.0585 and 943.059 set forth the criteria that must be met in order to eligible to have a criminal history record sealed or expunged. For further information please visit the FDLE website at: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us
How Can I Get Crime Statistics?
Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office internet-based crime information application allows citizens to access and locate crime data. To access the application please visit our home page at www.hcso.tampa.fl.us. Click on "Inquiries Online" and then select the Crime Mapping link. You will be able to easily view crime type, location, reference number and date reported.
How Can I Obtain a Criminal History?
To obtain a copy of your State of Florida criminal history report, please visit the FDLE website at: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us
How Can I Obtain a Local Arrest History / Background Check / Immigration Clearance Letter?
Requests should be directed to the Identification Section located at:
2306 North Faulkenburg Road.
Phone: (813) 247-0062
Sheriff's Operations Center
Sheriff's Operations Center
  • Emergencies
  • 911
  • Non-Emergencies
  • (813) 247-8200
  • Crime Stoppers
  • (800) 873-8477
  • HCSO Telephone Directory
  • Click Here...
Orient Road Jail
Copyright © 2018 Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office all rights reserved.  Terms of Use | Privacy Policy