Crossing Guard Application.pdf
The Crossing Guards are responsible for the safety of children crossing busy streets and intersections to and from school. It is necessary to maintain a pleasant, courteous, and helpful attitude toward the school children and the general public at all times.
We are looking for responsible, reliable people ready to work with our elementary children.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
- School guards shall provide for the safety of school children at designated school crossings near designated elementary schools.
- Escort children across the street going to and from school.
- Help to prevent children from crossing the street during heavy traffic flow until it is safe to cross.
- Report license numbers of cars who fail to slow down near school zones, or who fail to stop for children when signaled to do so.
- Familiarize himself/herself with the location and purpose of street traffic signs (such as school signs and speed signs) within the assigned areas.
Shifts: 2 Shifts per day, 7:10AM to 8:25AM and 2:00PM to 2:45PM (some schools vary).
Uniform: You will wear your own white shirt with black pants and black shoes.
Equipment: You will be provided a hat, stop sign, traffic vest and a whistle at the time of hire or processing.
Training: You will be trained on-site for 3 days by a supervisor. There is a mandatory yearly training each summer.