News Releases are to be used for informational purposes only.
Information provided should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.
Jonathan Gerardo Lozada
7809 Kinard Cove Lane, Plant City, Florida
1. Resist Officer Obstruction without violence
2. Vehicle Theft Grand Theft of Motor Vehicle
Additional Charges based on Warrant 22218385 issued through the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office:
1. Vehicle Theft - Grand Theft of Motor Vehicle
Additional Charges based on Warrant 22219288 issued through the Tampa Police Department:
1. Robbery - Residence Home Invasion with Firearm other deadly weapon
2. Firing weapon discharge firearm from vehicle
3. Aggravated Assault - weapon with deadly weapon without intent to kill
4. Possession of weapon or ammunition by convicted Florida Felon
5. Carrying concealed weapon unlicensed firearm
6. Aggravated battery person uses a deadly weapon
Additional Charges based on Warrant 22219240 issued through the Tampa Police Department:
1. Robbery Carjacking with firearm or weapon
Thomas A. Nolasco
2005 W. Willow Drive, Plant City, Florida
1. Vehicle Theft Grand Theft of Motor Vehicle
2. Resist Officer Obstruction without violence
3. Probation Violation
Thursday, December 14, at approximately 1 p.m., a deputy on routine patrol spotted a possible stolen vehicle near Milagro Court and Blackjack Road in Dover. The deputy was turning around to attempt to pull over the vehicle, driven by Thomas A. Nolasco, when it took off and ran through a stop sign. He and passenger Jonathan Gerardo Lozada later jumped from the vehicle near 3820 Lindsey Street in Dover and fled on foot. Both men ran through several fenced yards and were confronted by multiple dogs in one of the yards. One of men fired a shot at the dogs and hit one of them. Detectives have not identified who fired the weapon at this time. The dog suffered a gunshot and ran underneath a house. The dog's condition is unknown at this time. Hillsborough County Pet Resources took the animal to provide treatment. All inquiries concerning the animal should be addressed by that agency.
The suspects ran and hid in a nearby swamp until they were located by HCSO K9 deputies - Deputy Guerra and K9 Bandit along with Deputy Ray and K9 Justice - and taken into custody without further incident. Both men were charged with resisting an officer without violence and grand theft of a motor vehicle. Nolasco was also charged with violating his probation from a previous and unrelated matter. Deputies did recover a gun at the scene and further charges may be forthcoming pending the outcome of the ongoing investigation.
Lozada was charged with eight additional counts based on two outstanding warrants issued by the Tampa Police Department and one from the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. Any inquiries related to the charges connected to the TPD warrants should be addressed to that agency.