News Releases are to be used for informational purposes only.
Information provided should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.
Release Number: 19-149
- For Immediate Release:
- Public Affairs Office of Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office
- April 3, 2019
- Contact Person:
- Public Affairs Office : firstname.lastname@example.org
Operation Targeting "Johns" Nets Four Arrests
Today's arrests were just one prong in a multi-faceted approach at combating human trafficking," said Sheriff Chad Chronister.
- April 3, 2019
- Time: 12:00 AM
Four men were arrested in a Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office operation targeting "Johns" who were soliciting the services of prostitutes in the University Community area of Tampa. During the course of the investigation, a total of 17 men engaged with undercover detectives. Among those arrested was Brian Hartzler, 46, a Tampa Fire Rescue firefighter who solicited sexual acts while in his duty uniform.
Each of the men arrested will face a charge of Soliciting Another to Commit Prostitution.
"Today's arrests were just one prong in a multi-faceted approach at combating human trafficking," said Sheriff Chad Chronister. "By attacking prostitution head on, we are trying to take away the financial incentive behind trafficking and hopefully it sends a message to others that this won't be tolerated in Hillsborough County."
All of those arrested and their charges are as follows:
1. Curtis Antoinne Hargrove; Black Male; DOB: 4/16/88; Soliciting Another to Commit Prostitution; Hargrove is a Career Criminal.
2. Lucio Martinez, Hispanic Male, DOB: 3/25/75; Soliciting Another to Commit Prostitution
3. Jawuan Shaquille Hicks; Black Male; DOB: 07/23/93; Soliciting Another to Commit Prostitution
4. Brian Hartzler; White Male; DOB: 08/09/1972; Soliciting Another to Commit Prostitution.