News Releases are to be used for informational purposes only.
Information provided should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.
Release Number: 19-183
- For Immediate Release:
- Public Affairs Office of Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office
- April 26, 2019
- Contact Person:
- Public Affairs Offiice : firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputies Will Be Out Conducting A Motorist Speed Reduction & Education Campaign
The goal of this project is to get drivers to lower their speeds to reduce pedestrian and bicycle crashes, injuries and fatalities.
- May 6, 2019
- Time: 12:00 AM
- W. Busch Blvd. between Dale Mabry Hw. N. and Nebraska Ave. N.
- W. Hillsborough Ave. between George Rd. and Himes Ave.
- E. Fowler Ave. between Nebraska Ave. N. and Bruce B Downs Bl.
The safety of our roadways is a top priority for the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, which is why deputies will be out conducting a motorist speed reduction and education campaign.
The campaign will begin the week of May 6, 2019 and will be conducted over a 17-week period at various times of the day.
HCSO will work in conjunction with the University of South Florida (USF) Center for Urban Transportation Research on this Motorist Speed Reduction and Education Grant that is funded by Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) District Seven.
Deputies will be conducting traffic stops, targeting speeding vehicles, in an effort to educate the drivers to change behaviors and improve the safety of everyone. The goal of this project is to increase awareness of and compliance with Florida traffic laws in an effort to get drivers to lower their speeds to reduce pedestrian and bicycle crashes, injuries and fatalities that occur on our roadways.
Deputies will be working enforcement operations at three main corridors within Hillsborough County. The corridors were selected due to the number traffic crashes involving pedestrians and bicyclists resulting in fatalities and serious injuries in the area.
1) W. Busch Blvd. between Dale Mabry Hw. N. and Nebraska Av. N.
2) W. Hillsborough Av. between George Rd. and Himes Av.
3) E. Fowler Av. between Nebraska Av. N. and Bruce B. Downs Bl.