News Releases are to be used for informational purposes only.
Information provided should not be relied upon for any type of legal action.
Release Number: 19-300
- For Immediate Release:
- Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office
- July 19, 2019
- Contact Person:
- Public Affairs Office : email@example.com
Disaster Preparedness Drive
HCSO and Yuengling Center partner for Disaster Preparedness Drive
- July 19, 2019
- Time: 4:51 PM
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is taking a proactive approach to helping residents in need this hurricane season. Sheriff Chad Chronister is partnering with D. G. Yuengling & Son, Inc., the Yuengling Center, USF Athletics, JJ Taylor, and Beasley Media Group to host a disaster preparedness drive.
Non-perishable supplies will be collected and stored at Metropolitan Ministries in Tampa. In the event of a hurricane, volunteers will be able to get supplies to people in need faster.
WHAT: Hillsborough County residents encouraged to donate supplies in preparation for hurricane season
When: Monday, July 22, 2019, 12 p.m.-2 p.m.
Where: Yuengling Center, 12499 USF Bull Run Drive Tampa, FL 33620
"We always encourage residents to take precautions and prepare for the worst each hurricane season, but we realize that not everyone has the means to stock up on food, water or other emergency items ahead of a storm," said Sheriff Chad Chronister. "Instead of waiting for a disaster and then collecting critical supplies to help victims, we're planning ahead by gathering supplies now. We encourage everyone who's able to donate to stop by our collection drive."
On Monday, July 22, from noon to 2 p.m., volunteers will be accepting donations at the Yuengling Center located at 12499 USF Bull Run Drive in Tampa.
Sheriff Chad Chronister will be present at noon. Any media outlets interest in interview opportunities should RSVP with the HCSO Public Affairs Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The most needed donation items include:
- Non-Perishable Food (Pull-Tab Canned Goods, Granola Bars, Sports Drinks, Individual Snacks, Water)
- Pet Food (Dry Food, Canned Food)
- Baby Supplies (Diapers, Baby Wipes, Baby Formula, Baby Food)
- Cleaning Supplies (Bleach, Disinfectant, Sponges, Rubber Gloves, Trash Bags, Brooms, Mops)
- Personal Hygiene Supplies (Body Wash, Soap, Shampoo, Hand Sanitizer, Deodorant, Shaving Cream, Razor, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Wash Cloths)
- Medical Supplies (Non-Prescription Drugs, Band-Aids, Medical Tape, Ointment, Chapstick, Sunscreen, Bug Spray)
- Paper Supplies (Plates, Bowls, Cups, Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Plastic Bags, Plastic Utensils)
- Bedding (Sleeping Bags, Cots, Pillows, Blankets, Sheets)