Community involvement is the most powerful force any law enforcement agency has in the fight against crime. Through the “Citizens Academy”, it is our goal to encourage citizens to become more involved in making Hillsborough County a safer and better place to live.
The next academy will be held on the following dates and times:
Those wishing to attend will need to complete the one page application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or submit via U.S. mail to:
Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office
Community Outreach Division
2008 E. 8th Ave
Tampa, FL 33605
Citizens Academy Application
CITIZENS ACADEMY WILL GIVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Ride with a uniformed patrol deputy upon graduation.
- Tour the Sheriff’s Office detention facilities and communication center.
- Interact with Sheriff’s Office specialty teams.
- Gain insight into operations and investigations .
- And so much more!
While graduates of the Citizens Academy are not certified law enforcement officers, you will certainly gain a deeper understanding and respect for our men and women in uniform. This program is designed to show you the complexity and realities of the law enforcement profession.
For more information please call: (813) 247-8115
- Must be 19 years of age.
- Must be a resident of Hillsborough County.
- Must sign an indemnity release.
- Must submit to a background check.