If you've driven around Hillsborough County lately, you know that our area roads are increasingly busier. That's why drivers and pedestrians have a shared responsibility of keeping themselves and others safe.
Here are some useful tips to follow:
- Always cross at the crosswalk. Look for those white painted lines at intersections and street corners.
- Before crossing the street, remember to always look left, then right, then left again.
- If you're out at night, wear bright clothing. You want to make yourself as visible as possible to oncoming traffic.
Tips for Drivers:
- Be prepared to stop at all marked crosswalk.
- Stay alert for bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Wait until pedestrians have crossed at least one lane past your lane before resuming travel.
Through education and increased awareness, we hope to have a significant impact on reducing pedestrian crashes in our state.