Equipment Mechanic I
Equipment Mechanic I
$15.48-$27.46 Hourly; $32,198.40-$57,116.80 Yearly
Job Schedule (Subject to Change)
Non-Standard Hours Including Weekends and Holidays
Job Location (Subject to Change)
Falkenburg Road Area
Twelve-month probationary period
Perform inspections, maintenance, and minor repairs on automotive and related equipment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Troubleshoot and repair various types of vehicles and equipment.
- Assist Equipment Mechanics of a higher level in major repairs.
- Operate various types of vehicles as required to complete proper maintenance.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Inspect and adjust equipment used in performance of duties.
- Procure and record required materials and supplies.
- May perform emergency road servicing.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Some knowledge of the materials, tools and methods used in the repair, maintenance, and servicing of a variety of vehicles and equipment.
- Some knowledge of troubleshooting techniques and methods.
- Some knowledge of parts requirements including ordering and recording.
- Skill in locating and correcting defects.
- Skill in the use of shop tools.
- Ability to understand and perform diagnostic testing.
- Ability to operate motorized equipment.
- Ability to prepare and maintain maintenance records.
- Ability and willingness to work in a subtropical climate under adverse weather conditions and high noise level.
- Ability to climb, stoop, kneel, and crouch at ground level.
- Ability to carry up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
Note: Applicants must meet the following requirement(s) to be considered minimally qualified for the job.
A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate; and
One year verifiable experience repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment such as automobiles, trucks, or lawn maintenance equipment.
- Depending on area of assignment, incumbents may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 24 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- Prior military personnel must not have a dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a criminal background investigation including polygraph, reference/employment/neighborhood checks, medical evaluation, and drug screening.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
Keywords: 911 Operator, Agent, Bailiff, Cadet, Correctional Officer, Corrections, Court, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Deputy, Detective, Detention, Dispatch, Emergency Responder, First Responder, Forensic, Government, Guard, Inspector, Intelligence, Investigation, Investigator, Jail, Law Enforcement, Patrol, Police Officer, Probation, Protection, Protective, Public Safety, Recruit, Security, Sheriff, Specialist, Telecommunicator, Trainee
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training