HCSO in association with More Health, Inc., want to make sure you have a safe and fun homecoming this year!
Homecoming season is upon us and it’s important for parents and students alike to be prepared. Here are some tips and advice that will ensure everyone's homecoming experience safe and enjoyable.
- Have a conversation with your son or daughter and share with them your expectations.
- Let them know that they can call you at any time if they feel unsafe or are experiencing peer pressure to make bad choices.
- Know what your child’s plans are before, during and after homecoming. Consider teaming up with other parents to host an alcohol free after party.
- Establish regular check-in times and keep your cell phone nearby in case your child becomes involved a situation and needs to call you for advice or help.
- We recommend going with friends and be sure select a safe and responsible driver.
- You might also consider a car or ride share service as another transportation option.
- Alcohol is never acceptable for homecoming or at any time for persons under age 21 and drugs are simply an absolute bad idea, not to mention they’re illegal. Alcohol and drugs impair your judgment and may result in you or someone else being harmed.