Leadership Team 2019
President: Sonia Nijhawan
Past President: Vibha Dhawan
Vice President: Alpa Patel
Treasurer: Kavita Srivastava
Secretary: Shirley Bhat
HCSO Liaison: Ketan Patel
Founder: Vipul Kabaria
Advisor: CJ Patel
Like us on facebook @Sheriff’s Indian Advisory Council
To be the bridge that connects the Indian Community with the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office to serve, protect, and defend the community, while preserving the rights and dignity of all.
An individual had a vision to help our conservative culture and create opportunities for others to service this local community. Dr. Vipul Kabaria took his passion and transformed it into reality where he incorporated the Counsel in June 2014. The organization is classified as public charities and is exempt under IRC Section 501 (c) (3). Since then the organization has participated in various activities to build goodwill and better friendship, promote literacy and create awareness on resources available in our county.
- In February of this year we partnered up with HCSO at the FL State fair grounds to keep our youths safe.
- In March we were honored to deliver community safety presentation to our seniors at ICC in Tampa. More than 200 people were in attendance and our HSCO liaison deputy Ketan Patel provided valuable and breathtaking information to the seniors of our community.
- In April we partnered up with FishHawk-Riverview Rotary Club and were able to contribute towards their Dictionary Project. Until today this Rotary Club has distributed more than 20,000 dictionaries to the local schools in Riverview Area.
- May was an exciting month for us, we participated in Walk Green 2019 event organized by BAPS Charities, and we were proud recipient of the Community enrichment grant through the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office. This will allow us to provide additional school bag packs to Palm Riverview Elementary school in Tampa FL.
- Safety Presentation: Small Business Owners
- Anti Bullying Campaign
- Bag Pack Drive: Tentative Date 8/08/2019
- Annual Banquet Major Fundraiser: Tentative Date: 09/20/2019
- Appreciation Diwali Luncheon HSCO Oct/Nov
- Annual Meeting: Leadership Elections