This page provides information on how to register to receive calls from inmates in Hillsborough County, Florida.
Hillsborough County Inmate Calling Information
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office contracts with GTL’s ConnectNetwork™ to provide inmate phone services to the jail.
Called parties can make payments directly to an inmate's calling account or set up a prepaid Collect calling plan for calls to cell phones or accounts with credit issues.
Advance Pay Account
Advance Pay accounts allow you to prepay for collect calls from an inmate to your phone number using the deposited funds.
- You can set up multiple Advance Pay accounts if you have inmates in separate facilities and wish to have calls directed to different phone numbers.
- You can control expenses and call acceptance.
- You can set up alerts by text, email, or automated phone call to remind you to fund your account when your balance is low
After you set up an Advance Pay account, you can start adding money and receiving phone calls. As long as you have a balance in your account, you can receive a call at any time the inmate is able to call. .
You can sign up to be notified via text messages when your balance is low, or sign up for auto reload to automatically refill your account.
How to set up an Advance Pay Account
Friends or family can fund calling accounts be doing one of the following:
- Call the direct-dial "voice response" (IVR) number: 800-483-8314
- Log on to the web-based portal at: ConnectNetwork.com
- Download the ConnectNetwork Mobile App to your mobile phone or device
- Search on Apple or Android for “ConnectNetwork” OR
- Review ConnectNetwork mobile app instructions
For information regarding receiving phone calls and blocking phone calls, current rates, pre-payment, calling a cell phone, or any other related phone questions, please call a GTL representative at 1-877-650-4249.
Request to Call Phone Service
The Request2Call®, phone service lets you send a FREE notification through the www.ConnectNetwork.com website or mobile app to the inmate know you’d like a phone call*.
To check availability, sign in to your Connect Network account.
*If the inmate calls you back, applicable rates, taxes and fees apply.
PHONE CALLING RESTRICTIONS
The following restrictions may be applied by the Hillsborough County Sherriff's Office to inmate calls:
- Limits on length of calls or calling availability hours
- Limits on number of inmate calls or total monthly call minutes
- Call monitoring, recording, and inmate voice validation (in order to place calls)
- Blocks on types of phone numbers (such as 800 numbers) or selected phone numbers
- Temporary or permanent denial of phone usage rights based on disciplinary problems, gang affiliations, or requests by a called party.